This policy sets out how Australasian Investment Group Pty Ltd, ABN 84 104 508 303 uses and protects your personal information.
Australasian Investment Group Pty Ltd (‘Australasian Investment Group’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) abides by the National Privacy Principles established under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act, 2001.
What kind of personal information Australasian Investment Group collects and how it is collected.
Australasian Investment Group collects personal information from a variety of sources including from members of the public, prospective employees, contractors and business partners. In general, the personal information Australasian Investment Group collects includes (but is not limited to) name, address, contact details including email address, residential and mailing address and, where relevant, financial information, including credit card information, banking details and income information.
We store the personal information you enter on the Australasian Investment Group website or give to Australasian Investment Group in other ways. We obtain most personal information through Australasian Investment Group’s membership registration process and updates to membership details. You may provide information when you request or acquire a product or service from Australasian Investment Group, complete a survey or questionnaire, or when you communicate with Australasian Investment Group by e-mail, telephone or in face to face interviews or in writing (for example if you contact customer service or provide feedback).
Failure to provide the information referred to above may result in Australasian Investment Group being unable to provide all its services to a Client, or may prevent Australasian Investment Group from complying with all legal or regulatory requirements.
While it is not necessary for a Client to register the Client’s personal details to use Australasian Investment Group’s website, the company does offer a registration service which will enable Clients to receive market news and market research reports and access to the Client’s accounts with Australasian Investment Group.
If the Client registers with Australasian Investment Group and decides, at any time, that the Client does not wish to receive any further information from Australasian Investment Group, the Client can send an email to email@example.com requesting to be removed from Australasian Investment Group’s online registration database. Clients should allow two weeks for such a request to be actioned.
Clients may amend or update their registration details by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org providing their amended details. Clients should allow two weeks for such a request to be actioned.
Indirect collection: Australasian Investment Group endeavours to collect personal information about an individual only from that individual. In some circumstances Australasian Investment Group may obtain personal information from a third party. If you provide personal information about another person to Australasian Investment Group, Australasian Investment Group requires that you inform that person you have done so and provide them with a copy of this policy.
Information Use and Disclosure
Australasian Investment Group may use information it collects from you for the primary purpose for which it is collected and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection. Australasian Investment Group generally uses personal information to:
- provide you with products or services you have requested;
- personalise and customise your experiences on the Australasian Investment Group website;
- help Australasian Investment Group manage and enhance its services;
- communicate with you;
- provide you with ongoing information about opportunities in which Australasian Investment Group believes you may be interested;
- give you the opportunity from time to time to receive e-mail and ‘e-newsletters’ from Australasian Investment Group
In most cases where Australasian Investment Group asks you to provide information about yourself. If you do not provide Australasian Investment Group with that information, Australasian Investment Group will not be able to provide you with the requested product or service.
Australasian Investment Group will not use or disclose personal information collected by it for any purpose other than:
- the purposes for which it was provided or secondary related purposes in circumstances where the Client would reasonably expect such use or disclosure; or
- where the Client has consented to such disclosure; or
- where the National Privacy Principles authorise use or disclosure where required or authorised under law, in circumstances relating to public health and safety and in connection with certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing paragraphs Australasian Investment Group will use and disclose personal information collected by it as foresaid as follows:
- using or disclosing the information as required by the ASX Business Rules, the Corporations Act or any other applicable law;
- using the information internally to determine future strategies and to develop services and to market those services;
- disclosing the information to issuers of financial products marketed by Australasian Investment Group; and
- disclosing a Client’s tax file number (if supplied) to companies in which investments are made on a Client’s behalf.
Australasian Investment Group is required under the Corporations Act to maintain certain transaction records and make those records available for inspection by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
Clients can be assured that their information will be maintained by any employee, agent or representative of Australasian Investment Group in accordance with this policy. If Clients have any concerns in this regard, they should contact Australasian Investment Group by any of the methods detailed below.
Clients can be assured that Client personal information will be maintained by any contractor or agent to whom it is disclosed in accordance with this policy. If Clients have any concerns in this regard, they should contact Australasian Investment Group by any of the methods detailed below.
In the event that Australasian Investment Group proposes to sell its business it may disclose Clients’ personal information to potential purchasers for the purpose of them conducting due diligence investigations. Any such disclosure will be made in confidence and it will be a condition of that disclosure that no personal information will be used or disclosed by them. In the event that a sale of Australasian Investment Group’s business is affected, Australasian Investment Group may transfer Clients’ personal information to the purchaser of the business. A Client will be advised of any such transfer.
Management and security of personal information
Australasian Investment Group has appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee the management of personal information in accordance with this policy and the Commonwealth Privacy Act. At all times Clients’ personal information will be treated as confidential and any sensitive information is treated as highly confidential. Australasian Investment Group protects the personal information Australasian Investment Group holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by various means including firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
Updating personal information
Australasian Investment Group will endeavour to ensure that, at all times, the personal information about its Clients, which it holds, is up to date and accurate. In the event that a Client becomes aware, or believes, that any personal information which Australasian Investment Group holds about the Client is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, the Client may contact Australasian Investment Group by any of the methods detailed below and provide to Australasian Investment Group evidence of the inaccuracy or incompleteness or outdatedness and Australasian Investment Group will, if it agrees that the information requires correcting, take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
If Australasian Investment Group does not agree that a Client’s personal information requires correcting, it must, if the Client requests, take reasonable steps to ensure that whenever the Client’s personal information is accessed or handled in the future, it is made apparent that the Client is not satisfied as to the accuracy or completeness of that information.
Access to Information
Clients may contact Australasian Investment Group at any time, by any of the methods detailed below, to request access to their personal information and Australasian Investment Group will (subject to the following exceptions) provide the Client with access to that information either by providing copies of the information requested, allowing the Client to inspect the information requested or providing the Client with an accurate summary of the information held.
Australasian Investment Group will, prior to providing access in accordance with this policy, require Clients to provide evidence of their identity. Australasian Investment Group may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request. Australasian Investment Group will not provide the Client with access to the Client’s personal information if:
- providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of a person;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information related to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between Australasian Investment Group and the Client and would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
- providing access would reveal Australasian Investment Group’s intentions in relation to negotiations with the Client in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
- providing access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required or authorised by or under law;
- providing access would be likely to prejudice certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body or an enforcement body requests that access not be provided on the grounds of national security.
In the event Australasian Investment Group refuses a Client access to his, her or its personal information, Australasian Investment Group will provide the Client with an explanation for that refusal. Australasian Investment Group will endeavour to respond to any request for access within 14 – 45 days depending on the complexity of the information and/or the request. If the request is urgent the Client should indicate this clearly.
It is Australasian Investment Group’s intention to use its best endeavours to resolve any complaint to a Client’s satisfaction, however, if a Client is unhappy with Australasian Investment Group’s response, the Client is entitled to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, which may investigate the Client’s complaint further.
How to contact Australasian Investment Group
Australasian Investment Group Pty Ltd
ABN: 84 104 508 303
National: 1800 30 10 10
Ph: (03) 9530 2666